Home    Browse Laptops    Intel Haswell Laptops    Ultrabooks    Touchscreen laptops

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Acer Aspire V5-122P-0646 Specs


Acer Aspire V5-122P-0646 is a thin, affordable mini laptop. It features a 11.6 inches display with 1366 x 768 pixels resolution, quad-core AMD A6-1450 accelerated processor with Turbo Core up to 1.4 GHz and integrated Radeon HD 8250 graphics, a 500 GB Serial ATA internal HDD, and 6 GB of DDR3L SDRAM system memory.

In terms of interfaces, it only has a USB 3.0 port, two USB 2.0 port, an audio jack, and an Acer Converter port for connecting to network, external display, or additional USB device. The standard 3 cells Lithium Ion battery provides battery life up to 3.5 hours. It's equipped also with 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN, Acer ZoomPerfect touchpad, Acer full-size FineTip keyboard, web camera, Secure Digital card reader slot, as well as a slot to lock your laptop. Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit is the operating system included in the package.

Acer Aspire V5-122P-0646 Specifications

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit

Processor
AMD A6-1450 (quad-core, 1 GHz with Turbo Core up to 1.4 GHz)

Display
11.6 inches
1366 x 768 pixels resolution (HD)

Graphics Card
AMD Radeon HD 8250

Storage
500 GB Serial ATA HDD

System Memory
6 GB DDR3L SDRAM

Inputs & Controls
Acer ZoomPerfect touchpad
Acer full-size FineTip keyboard

I/O
1 x USB 3.0
2 x USB 2.0
1 x Acer Converter
1 x audio

Slots
Secure Digital card reader

Communication
802.11b/g/n wireless LAN

Camera
Web camera and microphone

Power
3 cells Lithium Ion battery
40 watt AC adapter
Battery Life: up to 3.5 hours

Dimensions and Weight
Width: 11.4 inches
Depth: 8.1 inches
Height: 0.77 inches - 0.83 inches

Security
Security cable lock slot

Colors
Chill Silver

1 comment:

  1. I originally tried to post this review on the Microsoft Signature website but it was rejected. I didn't think Microsoft was so narcissistic. I guess they only except reviews like..."Gr8t computer..cool!!!!" Here it is:

    I'm really glad that I bought this little computer. This is my first Windows 8.1 machine that I've owned and I'm thrilled with both the software and the hardware. I have no idea why Windows 8 gets such bad publicity as I enjoy it way better than the Windows 7 and XP machines that I also own. For $379 this has got to be the best deal going. It has just about everything except a cd/dvd drive. I wanted a small, highly portable computer and I almost bought a tablet. But why compromise when you can have it all. The following is a list of reasons that sold me on this device:

    1. Number one reason is Microsoft Signature. No trialware, bloatware, crapware. Support this great service. Unbelievably hard to get a clean version of Windows on a new computer. Acer does have software installed like a back-up program, which is redundant in Windows 8, and an updater. Nothing bogus and you can ignore it. It probably needs the software to handle the function keys, updating the motherboard if needed, etc. 2. 6GB of memory. Not just 4 or 2. It's very zippy. Boots-up in 15 seconds. 3. Backlit keyboard. Priceless when typing at night. It's a bit bright but you can just turn it off. 4. Touchscreen. I thought I would like it but I prefer my USB mouse. The wife loves it though and it works flawlessly. Skip the fried chicken, eh? 5. 64 bit (not 32 bit). Size does matter. Very snappy. 6. $379! Lots of memory, big 500GB hard drive, free virus software, 3 pounds.

    I've owned it for about 2-3 months and here are some real world observations and gripes:

    1. I wish the screen would dim further for night viewing and that the backlit keyboard was adjustable for brightness. It's not bad though. First world problem, I know. 2. I love the duel nature of Windows 8, normal environment for work and an App side for play. The only problem, and a big one at that, is if you've come from the Apple Store or Google Play Store you WILL BE disappointed that the number of apps is way lower and the quality is not nearly as high. BUT, who cares? Just open up the web browser and go to the full site where you can have the full experience. Apps are built for a truly mobile platform and are a compromise anyway. 3. An 11.6 inch screen is small but there are many ways to increase the size of what's on the screen. You will want to take advantage of this to make reading more comfortable. 4. The brightness keys on the keyboard are labeled backwards and is a funny reminder that you bought a $379 laptop. 5. I had to return the first Acer laptop I ordered because it wouldn't charge. Microsoft swapped it out quickly and this one works great. Great customer service. They stayed in touch the whole way through and sent the new one out with 2-day air. That's about as good as it gets. 6. This computer is very quiet. You can only hear it when the fan goes to high when it's working hard. Very nice. 7. The speakers are on the bottom and facing down and it sounds like it. Very small sounding. Luckily the volume has a very good range. 8. There is no hard drive light to let you know that it's working hard on something. I've never not had one. And since the computer is so quiet it's hard to tell if it just needs to be left alone. Overall, it was a great purchase and the wife is jealous so I may end up buying another before long. I use it for basic computing-type stuff so I don't know how it would handle hardcore stuff like gaming. Also, the way I use it keeps it plugged-in most of the time so I don't have any comment about the battery except that it is not removable/replaceable unless you take it apart. Good luck with that! I'm enjoying this computer and the Windows 8 experience so much that it's definitely got me thinking about Windows Phone and Surface tablets for future purchases.

    ReplyDelete